Sunday, January 12, 2014

Work for yourself and not for Money

Making a lot of money working at a job you hate is not worth the money!! Long back i quit the jobs frequently. I hated in the pursuit of happiness. Being stuck with a job you hate is an awful place to be. I was stuck in a mundane atmosphere that offered little variety in day-to-day tasks.

I was bored, un-stimulated, and un-motivated. I needed a lively environment where my creativity could thrive. I always had a passion for writing and knew that in order to be happy I had to pursue something that interested me.

My dad told me that everyone is supposed to hate his or her first job, BUT WHY? Why must we settle for the pre-determined typical post-grad admin or finance job just to make money? Honestly I’d rather be dirt poor doing something I love than slaving away in a miserable work environment doing sh*t I hate. C’mon ain’t nobody got time for that.

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” 


The primary issue holding people back from switching career paths is money. Many people cannot afford to take a job that pays less than their current salary, but sometimes this is a necessary risk, as it was in my case. In order to switch careers I needed to take a close look at my lifestyle and recognize where I could cut back.

There are many different areas of your life where you can make financial adjustments, such as reducing living expenses, not taking on new debt, and paying off old debt.

“Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness.”

Of course it is scary to take risks especially the risk of financial security, but you need to do what makes you happy. The more you feel the hopelessness of the situation, the worse it will feel. This will make you hate your job even more and resentment will start to build. You resent the meaningless tasks, the co-workers, and the fact that you can’t afford to leave. You begin to only focus on the negative aspects of your job. Because of this everything about your life will start to feel tainted by this frustration. The worst part of this is that it makes an already terrible situation appear much worse than it really is.

So many people I know are stuck in jobs they hate without an escape route in sight. Why does money motivate people over happiness? This is a concept I just do not understand. How much money does one person really need? Is your lifestyle so “fulfilling” that you’d exchange it for your happiness and wellbeing? Of course you have bills to pay, but it may be time to re-evaluate your priorities.

Dreams + Work = Success

Happiness comes from your own actions. If there is something deterring you from reaching happiness, you need to make changes! You need to figure out what you’re good at that will make you happy on a daily basis. It may involve sacrifices, but if it means pursuing something you love, it will be worth it in the end. You may need to stick at your current job for a while before you are ready to move on, but simply knowing you have something greater coming your way can be enough to motivate you through the tough times.

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. You need to find what drives you and do whatever it takes to get you there. Remember, find a job you love and you’ll never work a day in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment